Saturday, March 27, 2010

Facebook: The Double Edged Sword

Facebook is great. I can post silly things about what's going on in my life and very little people will actually care because they just pass it over and probably wonder why they are friends with me. "Oh right, she's that weird chick from high school who had no friends until like senior year." I've made bold claims on Facebook: I've insulted particular religions, I've cemented friendships and enemies, and I've freaked some of my friends out. I can't make bold claims about my sex life, however, simply because my mom is my friend on Facebook and eventually, it will get to her that I really like sex. Or that certain things would be better with some sex. I can't make bold claims about my sex life because someone will bitch about how I'm a huge whore or something and there goes half of my social life. Someone will want to take that opportunity to bring up a grudge they've been keeping or something and I will have to try to make new friends on top of all that will happen. I can post some pretty ludicrous things and I can make claims that no one will understand, but when it comes down to it, I'm censored. This bothers me.

The only reason I wrote this blog post was because I wanted to say "Earth Hour would have been completely easy (and so much better) if it was a straight hour of sex; too bad it wasn't this year." Yeah, can't really say that on Facebook.

No comments: