Friday, January 15, 2010

Last year

Last year, I totaled the most posts in January + February. This totally had everything to do with the fact that James started his blog and said he would try to post everyday. It happened for awhile, but he just fell out after a bit. I kept up with him, because, hell, I'm a student with more time and no money. Let's see how far I can go with no one to compete with, but with so much of nothing to talk about.

I've been watching this comedy show on TV called Community. I guess the reason why most people watch it is because the "main" character is kind of attractive and Chevy Chase is in it. Tch. I watch it because Donald Glover is in it. The most recent episode featured Jack Black (who I thought worked nicely as a dysfunctional community college student), and it didn't seem as nicely done as their previous stuff. Black kind of threw off the group cohesion and left more to be desired. Also peeking their heads from the clouds of fame was Owen Wilson. Looks like Community might have gathered up enough fan base for at least another season. Woot. The real reason I caught this episode on TV yesterday rather than on Hulu like in the next week was because DC Pierson had a small part in the episode. Cool, and obviously very reminiscent of the type of geeky artist that he is.

Since I mentioned Wilson, I watched most of "Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" recently. It was a nice, fun, quirky little piece (well, not little), that looked very independent (claymation type digital effects, eccentric subject, etc.) for the star-studded cast list: Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, and Jeff Goldblum just to name a few. Highly recommended for a few good laughs. Very "distraught artist" and very enthralling story-wise.

Since I'm discussing movies: Watched Psycho the other day. Caught about half of the original Alfred Hitchcock one and then the 1990's remake. The remake was shot to be almost identical to the original, and followed pretty much the same script. The movie was kind of slow: the girl they focus the entire exposition on was killed before any real climax. But, considering this is a 40's film, I can see it. Good suspense movie, not quite horror genre.

I've been getting more and more into rap as of late, but only if it's musically brilliant.

Anyways: Off to reading people's blogs!
Scarlet Bloodmoon

No comments: