Saturday, January 16, 2010

Purple Lightsabre

So Samuel L. Jackson had a conversation with his agent on the role of Mace Windu in the Star Wars film by George Lucas. (Or I would suppose. That's how most actors get into movies right?) I imagine it went something like this:

What do you mean I don't say "muthafucking?!" What's this movie's target audience?

And why would I want the part?

What do you mean I'm the only black guy?! So I don't get to say "muthafucking" and I'm the only person keeping the movie from being another racist Hollywood film? Fuck that shit. So what's the incentive?

Okay, what's the color of my lightsabre?

No. I want it to be something fucking different. Like purple. It'd be like a dick joke.


And that's how Samuel L Jackson got to have a purple lightsabre in the Star Wars movies.

No comments: